Skip's Huron River Canoe Livery is located across from (East) Delhi Metropark's main entrance and operated within the Metroparks located in Dexter and Ann Arbor, MI.
Skip's is a full-service canoe and kayak rental facility providing access to the most scenic stretch of the Huron River. Since 1973, we have been offering a family-friendly adventure down the Huron without the hassle of dams, lakes or portages.
With trips launching each hour, morning and afternoon, you can catch a ride on our bus and then canoe, kayak, or tube back to your car, at your own pace.
Whether you're planning a family outing or getting some friends together for some fun in the sun, we're here to ensure your experience is one you'll tell your friends about.
The Metroparks are owned and operated by the Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority which requires a daily pass or an annual permit for entry.
This can be purchased the day of your trip at the park entrance toll booth.
The price of this pass is either $10/day or $35 for the annual Metropark pass and is a separate cost from Skip's Trip Rentals.
- Renters 16 years and OLDER are required to check-in and sign Liability Waivers. Anyone UNDER 16 years old will require a parent or guardian (18 years or older) to sign their Liability Waivers on their behalf, AND accompany them down the river.
- All Renters are required to wear a Personal Floatation Device (PFD) during the trip which can be picked up after Check-in. Boat cushions are available for use, but are not considered a PFD.
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted in our watercraft.
- One-person per Tube, minimum age is 8 years old and older. Shoes required (no Flip-flops). No pets in Tubes.
Everyone on the bus? We will shuttle you up-river to Hudson Mills or Dexter-Huron Metropark where your watercraft and paddle will be waiting. Expect between a 10-20 minute bus ride, depending on the trip you have chosen.
Enjoy the paddle down the most scenic stretch of the Huron River and enjoy the plentiful wildlife along the way.
For paddling trips, plan for at least 1.5 hours if doing the Dexter-Huron to Delhi; or a at least 3.5 hours if paddling from Hudson Mills to Delhi. Tube trips will take approximately 3.5 hours from Dexter-Huron to Delhi.
Our stretch of the river offers plenty of spots to pull-off and enjoy a picnic or just some casual fun in the sun!
Tips for the Trip
- No styrofoam coolers or glass bottles. Only ONE cooler per boat. Maximum size of cooler allowed is 12” X 12” X 12”. Littering is punishable by a fine of up to $400.
- Please check your local weather. Trips will run rain or shine unless there is a threat of dangerous weather, the water current is too fast, or the water level is too high. A raincheck will be issued if we need to cancel your trip due to inclement weather.
- We do not recommend bringing car keys, cell phones, or other valuables on the river. Skip’s is not liable for lost items, however, we do offer waterproof containers for purchase.
- Bring extra dry clothing or change of clothes.
- Footwear is required! Water Shoes are available for purchase at our check-in area.
- Pets (Dogs) are allowed in our watercraft, except for our inflatable tubes and rafts.
- Stay off private property and respect those private property owners. Respect fellow paddlers-- Swearing or aggressive behavior will NOT be tolerated.
Reservations - NOW ONLINE!
- Online trip reservations now required on weekends and holidays - Weekends fill-up fast, book early to reserve during the peak summer months. First come, first serve during the week, but online reservations make check-in faster, and are encouraged for groups larger than 10 people.
- Reservations are encouraged to be made online, but are also available via phone or in person.
- Walk-ins are welcomed on a space-available basis. Reservations have first priority.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your trip rental to allow for parking, check-in, and equipment pick-up.
We all understand that schedules change and you may need to cancel your trip.
- Cancellation must be made at least 3 days prior to your trip for full refund. No refund will be given if less than 3 days notice.
- For groups of 15 people or more, cancellation must be made at least 5 days prior to your trip for full refund. No Refund will be given if less than 5 days notice.
Deposit and Late Fees
- NEW DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT - One Drivers License per group or individual is required to be left as a deposit. This can be picked-up upon your return.
- Driver's License Deposit will be returned when you or all your group members are off the river and rental equipment is returned in good condition by 7:00 p.m.
- Abandoned or Damaged Watercraft: If you decide to leave/abandon your watercraft and our staff has to retrieve it, you will be charged $50 per watercraft. If you return with damaged equipment from obvious neglect/abuse, you will be charged the Replacement Cost of that equipment.
- All rental equipment must be off the river by 7:00 p.m. A late fee of $50 per hour will be added if not off the river by 7:00 p.m.